In event of hard drive crash or operating system failure we can restore Podware onto a new or old computer for you: click here for more info
You’ll need a backup of Podware. Either a copy of the Podware folder from your hard drive or a Podware backup OR Data backup created using the Backup tabs within Podware.
Or do it yourself by carefully following the instructions below.
OK lets say you have a recent Podware Backup on an external drive, cloud drive or usb stick:
- Check that your computer has the system requirements
- Download and install the appropriate version of Podware from PodiatrySoftware.co.uk onto your laptop:Download Podware4x
- Once installed make sure Podware opens properly. No need to log in at this point- just close Podware before the next steps
Move the Podware files from your backup:
- Copy and paste the Podware4 folder (for Podware5 it’s the Podware folder) from the backup drive to the C drive of your new computer (say yes to replace files)
- Open Podware using your desktop shortcut
- If you have a data backup then restore it using the restore facility in the Data Backup within Podware. The data backup is in a file named something like this: “Tables5.a_29-03-2017-03-28PMccdb” This part of the file name contains the exact date and time when the data backup was made: “29-03-2017-03-28PM” so if you have lots of data backups from different dates you can choose the most recent one.
If the restore isn’t working properly then you can rename the data backup to a usable state by removing the date and time to look like this: Tables.accdb
Once renamed copy the file to your Podware folder – replacing the existing Tables.accdb file.
Now Link the Tables
- Start Podware
- Go to the top menu bar
- Click Podware Settings
- Click connect to Data on Server
- If asked “Do you want to reconnect Podware tables?” Yes
- If asked “Do you want to specify a different location” click ‘Yes‘
- If asked if the file is passworded say “yes”and use the password we’ve sent in an email
- A browser will appear. Go to Local Disk (C:) > Podware4 * (For Podware5 navigate to the Podware folder)
- Select the Tables file (Tables5 if your on Podware5)
- Click ‘Open‘.or ‘Save‘ depending on what shows in the dialog box
Podware will link the tables and open either the Main Menu or the Patients records screen.
* if you are using Podware4 on a network then at step 7 use the browser to navigate via your network to the Podware4 folder on your main computer or server. For Podware5 navigate to the Podware folder and choose “Tables5”