Podware will work well on any Local Area Network on up to 25 computers. It works best on a wired network. Don’t have a wired network? See how to create one easily and quickly.
1. All computers should be connected to the network and switched on.
2. Install ‘Podware’ on your main computer or server where you want to store the patient records and data.
The appropriate version can be downloaded from the list below:
3. Ensure that the ‘Podware’ folder on the Server is shared. Instructions for sharing the Podware folder.
The Podware folder is in the C (local files) drive. See here for the correct network sharing setting for your computers
4. Install the same version of Podware on your client machines.
5. Connect Podware on your client machines to the patient data on the main/server computer:
- Open podware and click Podware Settings, then click Connect to Data on Server:
- If asked if you want to locate and reconnect the tables click ‘Yes‘
- If asked if you want to specify a different location click ‘Yes‘
- In the file browser that pops up browse your network to locate and select the file ‘Tables’ within the shared Podware folder on your main computer/ server
- Click ‘Open‘. Podware will link the tables and display a message ‘All tables were successfully reconnected” When that has been done on all of the client computers you are ready to run Podware.
For networking your ‘server’ needs to be running Windows7 or later or Windows Server.
Podware can also be accessed from remote computers and devices using most ‘Remote Desktop’ programs such as GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, Teamviewer or AnyDesk.
Note: “Server” can be any computer. The Podware installation on the server must be backed up at least daily.