Podware will work well on any Local Area Network on up to 25 computers. It works best on a wired network. Don’t have a wired network? See how to create one easily and quickly.
1. All computers should be connected to the network and switched on.
2. Install ‘Podware’ first on the Server by saving your original downloaded installation file to the server and opening it. Podware will be installed in a folder named ‘Podware’. The pathway is C:\Podware
3. Ensure that the ‘Podware’ folder on the Server is shared. Instructions for sharing the Podware folder.
The Podware folder is in the C (local files) drive. See here for the correct network sharing setting for your server/main computer
4. Install Podware on your client machines (one at a time)
5. Connect Podware on your client machines to the patient data on the main/server computer:
- Open podware and click Podware Settings, then click Connect to Data on Server:
- When asked if you want to locate and reconnect the tables click ‘Yes‘
- When asked if you want to specify a different location click ‘Yes‘
- Browse your network to locate and select the file ‘Tables’ within the shared Podware folder on your main computer/ server
- Click ‘Open‘. Podware will link the tables and display a message ‘All tables were successfully reconnected” When that has been done on all of the client computers you are ready to run Podware.
For networking your ‘server’ needs to be running Windows7 or later or Windows Server.
Please do not try to run Podware using any method other than above as it may cause data corruption. Podware can also be accessed from remote computers and devices using most ‘Remote Desktop’ programs such as GoToMyPC, LogMeIn, Teamviewer or AnyDesk.
Note: “Server” can be any computer. The Podware installation on the server must be backed up at least daily.