We can move Podware for you for a small fee: click here for more info
If you are confident about copying, pasting and handling files and directories on a computer then do it yourself by carefully following the instructions below:
OK lets say you want to move Podware from your PC to your laptop.
- Check that your laptop has the system requirements
- Check the version of Podware that you have installed (Help > About Podware..)
- Download and install the appropriate version of Podware from PodiatrySoftware.co.uk onto your laptop:
Move the Podware files from your old computer:
1. Plug in your flash drive or USB external hard drive to your old computer.
2. Copy the whole Podware4 folder (for Podware5 or 6 it’s the Podware folder) from the C drive of your old computer, onto a flash drive or external hard drive.
3. Now connect your flash drive or removable drive to your new computer.
4. Copy and paste the Podware4 folder (for Podware5 or 6 it’s the Podware folder) from the flash drive or cloud drive to the C drive of your new computer (say yes to replace files)
5. Open Podware using your desktop shortcut
Now Link the Tables
- Go to the top menu bar
- Click Podware Settings
- Click connect to Data on Server
- If asked “Do you want to reconnect Podware tables?” Yes
- If asked “Do you want to specify a different location” click ‘Yes‘
- If asked if the file is passworded say “yes”and use the password we’ve sent in an email
- A browser will appear. Go to Local Disk (C:) > Podware4 * (For Podware5 or 6 navigate to the Podware folder)
- Select the Tables file (Tables5 or Tables6 depending on your version)
- Click ‘Open‘.or ‘Save‘ depending on what shows in the dialog box
Podware will link the tables and open either the Main Menu or the Patients records screen.