We can move Podware for you for a small fee: click here for more info
Or if you are confident about copying, pasting and handling files and directories on a computer then do it yourself by carefully following the instructions below:
OK lets say you want to move Podware from your PC to your laptop.
- Check that your laptop has the system requirements
- Check the version of Podware that you have installed (Help > About Podware..)
- Download and install the appropriate version of Podware from PodiatrySoftware.co.uk onto your laptop:
Move the Podware files from your old computer:
1. Plug in your flash drive or USB external hard drive to your old computer.
2. Copy the whole Podware4 folder (for Podware5 it’s the Podware folder) from the C drive of your old computer, onto a flash drive or external hard drive. TIP: If you use a cloud drive such as Google drive, Onedrive, Dropbox or similar and you’ve got them on both computers using the same account, then just copy the Podware folder to the drive and it should appear on the laptop after a few moments.
3. Now connect your flash drive or removable drive to your new computer. Skip this if using a cloud drive.
4. Copy and paste the Podware4 folder (for Podware5 it’s the Podware folder) from the flash drive or cloud drive to the C drive of your new computer (say yes to replace files)
5. Open Podware using your desktop shortcut
Now Link the Tables
- Go to the top menu bar
- Click Podware Settings
- Click connect to Data on Server
- If asked “Do you want to reconnect Podware tables?” Yes
- If asked “Do you want to specify a different location” click ‘Yes‘
- If asked if the file is passworded say “yes”and use the password we’ve sent in an email
- A browser will appear. Go to Local Disk (C:) > Podware4 * (For Podware5 navigate to the Podware folder)
- Select the Tables file (Tables5 if your on Podware5)
- Click ‘Open‘.or ‘Save‘ depending on what shows in the dialog box
Podware will link the tables and open either the Main Menu or the Patients records screen.